Honda 350x  

Go Back   Honda 350x > Honda ATC 350x Trikes Forum > Technical & Maintenance

Technical & Maintenance Useful tips, talk, and some cool places to find parts for your trike.

» Honda Links

» Sponsors

Unread 11-05-2008, 12:09 AM   #1
dom
Honda 350x Staff

Default Big Bore Kits

Talk with these guys a few times and their prices seem pretty decent.

They sell the big bore kits for the 350x, which ups it to a 425cc, or a 452cc.

If I ever get a second engine for trike I will go with these guys.

Kustom Kraft

I'm usually over here: EP Autos

dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 01:24 AM   #2
Canadian350X

Wow, 425 & 452 cc kits. I imagine a 450 trike would be quite the weapon. I may have to investigate this option for my project.
Canadian350X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2008, 09:13 PM   #3
Canadian350X

I've also found these guys.

Powroll
Unread 11-25-2008, 10:52 PM   #4
dom
Honda 350x Staff

I would really like to find an extra motor to mess with. The one I have now is in perfect shape and I can't see cracking it open for no reason. I see motors on ebay all the time, but they go for waaay to much money. Finding a whole trike for sell that needs work would great.

Unread 11-27-2008, 11:27 PM   #5
Canadian350X

Kinda like the one I got???

I've decided a budget of $1500 max to get this bike restored. If I can fit a BB kit into the mix without breaking the bank then I'll do it, otherwise I'll stick with a stock refresh.

Lucky for me I used to work at a snowmobile/small engine shop and still have a good relationship with the owner so I get all of my parts at or a little above cost.

I wish I had a heated garage to start working on this thing......
Unread 01-21-2009, 06:32 PM   #6
mattpiston

Default 350x big bore

yeah i know this is kind of an old thread but did anyone ever put the 425 bb kit on? how much power did it increase? would i be better off going with a stroker kit from powroll 37fcr carb,performance exhaust and stage 2 cam i hear that just stroking it will give you more power than the bb will. is this true?
mattpiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2009, 09:51 PM   #7
dom
Honda 350x Staff

Stroking will give you more power for sure! Just think of it like this, when you make a stroker motor you are increasing the leverage and torque of the motor (hence stroker). We don't have anybody here I know of that bolted on a bb kit.

"More displacement and greater leverage means more torque."

What does that stroker kit you are talking about increase your displacement to, cubic centimeters? Actually I just looked, does 393cc sound right?

If you have the money and the balls to ride the thing when you are finished building it, I say go for the stoker kit!

Hope my $0.02 helps..

Oh, and welcome to the site!

Unread 01-21-2009, 10:53 PM   #8
mattpiston

Default 350x bb kit

yeah your .02 helped. well i have 3 350x and one is all stock the other one is bored .040 over camed and bigger carb and i built a header and exhaust for it. they bolth run good really reliable i built the one that slightly worked over when i was 10 and just recently gave it to my brother so now i need to build a strong running engine in my third one....my third one is one im currently building. i bought it for 400 dollars and some guy ruined it by putting a quad front end on it.....it hasnt ran in 6 years but i cleaned the carb and had it runing in a few hours so now i bought a rolling 350x frame and am putting it together. i just split the crank case today and am fixing to send in my crank to get stroked im hoping it will be the power im looking for if not i may haft to put a bb on top of that lol. do you know if dueling the exhaust hurts the power any? i have dueled exhaust on my brother...had...he wrecked it at the dunes last weekend buckkled the forks and tripple trees...good thing i have alot of spares lol. she is going again though! Thanks guys....well i figured since i have a 350x i might as well be on the site and maybe i can help with some problems or issues. and actually i think its a 381.3cc if my math is correct.

Last edited by mattpiston; 01-21-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Unread 01-21-2009, 11:14 PM   #9
dom
Honda 350x Staff

Check out this page POWROLL. It looks like it has everything you are looking for. It looks like you can get up to 430cc just off the stroke. Then I guess you could go extra big cc if you get the big bore kit too. I am wonder if it works like this..

Stock 350cc increases to 430cc with the stroke, so 80cc increase.
Big Bore kit is 393cc, wonder if that stroked crank would increase that too 473cc?

I think it is worth shooting them people an email and asking.

BB kit + machine work to stroke + race cam = $810

Plus you would wanna get some quality internals too, springs/gaskets etc..
Then a big azz carb too. We are talking about $1,000.

Dude, just thinking about that much power on a three wheeler scares me!

Sounds awesome though. I wonder if it would be able to defeat those fast 450cc quads out there?

As far at the dual exhaust, I have no clue. I imagine trial and error, or better yet finding a place that could dyno your engine for you.

Unread 01-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #10
mattpiston

Default 350x bb

yeah i know where a dyno is...there is one at the sand dunes that isnt far from my house. i plan on putting it on there and seeing what she will do when i get my motor back together .....im hoping on some power lol. i think they will jet my carb for me to...i will jet it and see how close i get just using my head...im gonna jet rich untill she get broke in then take to dyno.